Saturday, April 19, 2014

Think back on your life.

In 1997, things were so dreamy.  I had just started junior high!  I was ready!  It's more about school than class unity--until you go to high school.  Then, college, it's off again.

We just got computers with the specific digital images, like on TV.  It became popular at 1 moment, and I was 11.  It was very exciting to me as a young lady|girl..

I lived by 3 gas stations.  Now, this was the nation's OLDEST continuing city, 2nd oldest.  1565.  So, they even made a gas station a 3D motion theater.  The mall had a movie theater, and I saw Titanic there, once with a friend, and then a 2nd time.

Things were really picking up a pace for me being in junior high.  There were different clothes to look at, sometimes I went back to kids and wish I got that purple cartoon felt sweater.  Probably for kids a year younger.

We dreamed of shiny light blue things.  We were dreamy in black!  We followed the teenage and I guess young adult hype and the Middle Aged people..

There was neon green, lime green!  Dances!  Which people didn't like as much as I did.  This was so long ago it's been buried!  I'm looking for some way to exercise but can't and know it's painful.  I do exercise, though.  I think that us getting fat ruined it.

Now, we have to pay attention to the teens today, but it seems like there's nothing withing the dirt even that's about me in this way it used to be.

I remember the library, the old bookstore, the children's choir I was in since I was like 7, well 9 there.  The oldest church parish.  The cathedral burned down once.  The old buildings and shops we could walk to and buy jelly beans sometimes and sometimes a stuffed animal or something, getting a cookie or possibly an ice cream.

The world was real and full of all its mystery.  I had a home and a window to the world, so-to-speak.  I fell into love again after living in the New Orleans area awhile in a suburb and then met people from New Orleans which just changed everything for some reason.  I just fell into the spirit of Mardi Gras, guess it gave me a high feeling.  That place was enveloped in that like an animal trap.  I felt astute and have high memories now.  They were so humble and not all over Hollywood every other breath but in high school yea.  It was fun, they even made a big deal of like the clubs you were in in high school.  I was in the world of music and got to travel after a year of college, but my life being an experiment stopped me when I was up north.  My conclusion is that I being in the South and having North heritage that my life is where I'm from but I have heritage in the other place.  The South is dreamy, but the North can be magical.  I should hail from New Orleans partly.  I went to college there.  I dunno, lotta popular people go to LSU.  I considered that option later on.

My conclusion is New Orleans is a dreamy, sweet, mysterious, magical, secretive, other-worldly land to understand, which I did even before I believed in other ways of being, like magic where people don't die off.  I am not sure if other New Orleanians today feel the same way.  It might be like the Little House books, where some people ward off people like me.  New Orleans is also more a party city than Las Vegas!  Don't even put LA on the map!  They're crazy over party season, Mardi Gras.  People go out there like it's MIAMI!  Oh yea, Miami is the culture I am from and it is dreamy in real type things, the beach pretty much.  It's nice around with the palm trees and you can feel the environment as anywhere.

So..

No comments:

Post a Comment